"My Bike" Program Application
Variety's "My Bike" Program provides adaptive bikes to children with disabilities who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Reside in Variety's 15 county service area in Western PA (i.e. Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambrian, Crawford, Erie, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Mercer, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland) or 10 county service area in West Virginia (i.e. Barbour, Doddridge, Harrison, Marion, Marshall, Monongalia, Ohio, Preston, Taylor, and Wetzel).
- Have a physical, mental, or sensory disability documented by a physician.
- Be 21 years of age or younger.
- Submit a completed "My Bike" Application.
- Applicant's household income must meet Variety's "My Bike" Program income guidelines,
Income verification will be required.
*For each additional person, add $16,240.
- Submit a letter from a physical or occupational therapist or a primary care physician indicating that an adaptive bicycle would be medically appropriate and therapeutic for the child and that a conventional bike would not be appropriate. This letter should also state the successful trial of a Rifton adaptive bicycle, size, and color of bike, as well as the adaptations necessary (this can be completed after submitting the application).
For more information...
Please contact Shayna MacCleary at (412) 747-2680 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I just coldn't believe how quick and easy the process was to get Trinity her bike."
-Kelley, mother of Trinity