"My Bike" Program Application
Variety's "My Bike" Program provides adaptive bikes to children with disabilities who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Reside in one of the counties that Variety serves, including: 22 counties in Western Pa. (i.e. Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Centre, Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Fayette, Greene, Huntington, Indiana, Lawrence, Mercer, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland), 7 counties in Central Pa. (i.e. Cumberland, Dauphin, Juniata, Northumberland, Perry, Snyder, and York), or 10 counties in West Virginia (i.e. Barbour, Doddridge, Harrison, Marion, Marshall, Monongalia, Ohio, Preston, Taylor, and Wetzel).
- Have a physical, mental, or sensory disability documented by your child's current physical / occupational therapist, personal care physician, or a registered nurse.
- Be between the ages of 4 and 21.
- Submit a completed "My Bike" Application.
- Applicant's household income must meet Variety's "My Bike" Program income guidelines. Income verification will be required.
# Household Memebers Household Salary
*For each additional person, add $16,640.
- Submit a letter from your child's current physical / occupational therapist, personal care physician, or a registered nurse indicating that an adaptive bicycle would be medically appropriate and therapeutic for the child and that a conventional bike would not be appropriate.
- The successful trial of a Rifton adaptive bike, in which the child is individually fitted / evaluated on a Rifton adaptive bike, and the bike size, color, and adaptations are decided (this is the final step in the application process once everything else is completed - see page 14 in the application for more details).
For more information...
Please contact Shayna MacCleary at (724) 933-0460 or via email at email@example.com.
"I just coldn't believe how quick and easy the process was to get Trinity her bike."
-Kelley, mother of Trinity