Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community
Walk for Variety to Support Children with Disabilities
The 2017 Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community is taking place on Saturday, May 13, 2017 at Stage AE and registration is now open! Please consider joining Variety for a day of family-fun! The more people we have, the more awareness we can create for the kids, together!
This annual event sponsored by Highmark, Inc. helps Variety raise awareness and funds to carry out its mission of enabling children with disabilities to live life to the fullest.
It is a place where our kids can truly "show their abilities to the world" and share a fun-filled day with their friends and family members.
HOW TO HELP:
You can register as an individual, as a team, or (if you are not able to attend the event and want to raise funds) as a virtual walker.
There is no cost to register for the Highmark Walk (though any funds raised will help us, help more kids). Everyone that registers will received a free (red) Variety t-shirt!
Our aim is simply to bring together as many Variety families and friends as possible to highlight our kids and bring awareness to the work that we are doing to provide opportunities for kids to discover their possibilities.
Some Tips (Should You Plan To Raise Funds):
- Set a fundraising goal of $50,$25... It's as easy as asking a few friends for $5. Every dollar will count and help.
- Donate yourself. It shows your commitment to the cause!
- Ask everyone; friends, family, co-workers and other in your community.
- Ask easy and often so you are not rushed in trying to reach your goal.
- Create a team. The best way to raise a lot of funds is to build a "friends and family" team or a company team.
- Use the tools provided on the online system where you registered. You can create a webpage for yourself or your team, send out e-mails with a link to everyone you know and track your progress.