"My Voice" Program Application
Variety's "My Voice" Program provides a communication device (currently an iPad with a prescribed communication app) to eligible children with a communication disorder to give them a voice at all times. Children must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Location - Reside in Variety's 29 county service area in Pennsylvania, including: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Cumberland, Dauphin, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Huntington, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, Mercer, Perry, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland.
- Diagnosis - Have a communication disorder documented by a Speech Language Pathologist.
- Age - Be 4 through 21 years of age. An application may be submited up to 60 day prior to the child's 4th birthday.
- Application - Current "My Voice" Program application completed.
- Income - Applicant's household income must meet Variety's income guidelines. Income verification is required.
# Household Memebers Household Salary 2 $64,960 3 $81,680 4 $98,400 5 $115,120 6 $131,840 7 $148,560 8 $165,280
- Letter - Submit a letter of medical justification (see page 12) from a Speech Language Pathologist indicating that the child has successfully trialed an iPad as a communication device and that this device would be appropriate for the child to use at home and at school (for questions, please contact the Variety office at 724-933-0460).
- Follow-up - A phone consultation with Variety's Program Manager may be required with the parent and/or the Speech Language Pathologist for more information following the review of the application.
- Presentation Requirement - Variety requires the applicant and his/her parent or legal guardian to attend a scheduled regional presentation to receive the equipment in order to properly review all equipment specifics before it is taken home.