Dear Variety Friends,
I write with an extraordinary update on our impact, and a hopeful ask for your support of Variety’s Partners in the Pandemic Campaign for Kids with Disabilities.
FIRST, OUR IMPACT UPDATE:
- Between October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020, we presented 786 pieces of adaptive equipment to kids with disabilities (worth $1.1 million) throughout 71 counties in PA and WV!
- Out of the 786, we presented 438 pieces of mobility equipment (adaptive bikes and strollers) and 348 communication devices!
- Out of the 786 presented, 504 pieces of equipment were presented during the pandemic.
This is officially our GREATEST year ever, and it’s our second year in a row presenting more than $1 million in equipment to kids!
NOW, A RARE ASK FOR SUPPORT:
Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, Variety must postpone its 2020 Gala, which provides us with critical funds where we need them the most (raising upwards of $250,000).
As a result, we are launching our Partners in the Pandemic Campaign for Kids with Disabilities to ensure that our work and impact does not falter or slow down, and to raise funds where we need them most.
With our goal of raising $250,000 by December 31st, any donation will make a difference, so I sincerely ask, will you be our Partner in the Pandemic?
- You can make a donation online now by clicking here (and designate your donation to Partners in the Pandemic), or you can mail your gift by check (see attachment).
- Every donor will be recognized on our website here.
- In addition, we will recognize larger donations in a variety of ways (see attachment). Could you approach your employer to make a donation or get us connected?
I’m hopeful that you’ll please consider becoming our Partner in the Pandemic, and give to where we need it most at Variety to keep our programs rolling.
Your donation will help us, help even more kids, and it will ensure that Variety’s work and mission never fades or ceases to exist. If you want to talk further, I would be delighted to setup a time to talk by phone or Zoom to provide even more updates on our life-changing work for kids with disabilities.
My sincerest thanks to you.
P.S. Check out this piece by JET24, who joined us this past Tuesday to present adaptive bikes and adaptive strollers in Edinboro – lots of smiles! https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-news/northwest-tri-county-intermediate-unit-and-the-childrens-charity-variety-team-up-to-provide-life-changing-equipment-to-kids-with-disabilities/
Charles P. LaVallee
Chief Executive Officer
Variety – the Children’s Charity