Tag: Bike Parade
Partner Spotlight: Edgar Snyder & Associates Gives Back!
Variety has been partnering with Edgar Snyder & Associates (ESA) since 2012 when we kicked off our “My Bike” Program. The team at ESA has been nothing but enthusiastic and eager to get involved and support Variety kids in any way they can.
Each year, ESA and its employees have worked to not only raise funds and awareness, but to help us identify more kids who are in need of adaptive equipment. Some of the initiatives Edgar Snyder & Associates has launched are:
- Bases for Bikes – since 2015, ESA has donated $50 every time an Altoona Curve player steals a base during a home game. So far, each season has raised enough money to pay for two adaptive bicycles.
- Power Plays for Kids – this program is similar to Bases for Bikes. ESA donated $50 every time the Erie Otters had a power play during a home game. Enough money was raised to cover the cost of two adaptive bikes.
- ESA Television Spot – Variety was fortunate enough to be one of the lucky organizations featured in an ESA television spot. The commercial began airing in August 2014 and has not stopped since. The amount of awareness and credibility that the commercial has generated is more than Variety could have ever dreamed of gaining. It is also helping us identify kids and families who need our services but didn’t know about Variety beforehand.
- Equipment Presentation – Thanks to ESA, Variety hosted a presentation of adaptive bikes in the iconic US Steel Tower in downtown Pittsburgh (see the clip below). Our kids even had the chance to take their first inaugural ride around the building – not many can say the same, but our kids can!
- Holiday Gift Drive – employees donated holiday gifts as part of Variety’s annual Holiday Party in 2013 and 2014. The party includes more than 300 kids, siblings, and parents each year.
- Likes for Bikes – through this program, ESA donated $1 to Variety for every like they received on their social media pages.
We are truly grateful for the partnership we’ve had with Edgar Snyder & Associates over the years. The work we’ve done together has had an impact on so many lives, and it’s been an honor watching children thrive in ways they might not have once thought possible.
If you are interested in how you can help, feel free to learn about the ways you can give.