April has been one exciting month for us with three presentations impacting more than 30 kids from 10 counties!
On Wednesday, April 5th, Variety presented equipment with the Cambria County Commissioners and AFSCME (who sponsored one adaptive bike during the presentation).
- Altoona Mirror: http://www.altoonamirror.com/news/local-news/2017/04/variety-spices-up-kids-lives
- The Daily American: click here to read the article
- The Tribune Democrat: http://www.tribdem.com/news/dad-i-just-want-to-ride-a-bike-with-those/article_ef552f32-1a65-11e7-a612-87e048331cc3.html
- Mainline Newspaper: click here to read the article
On Tuesday, April 11th, Variety presented equipment with the Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV and their staff!
- Butler Eagle: click here to read the article
On Thursday, April 13th, Variety presented equipment with AHN’s Allegheny General Hospital and more than 100 members of their staff. During the event, we were presented with a check by Dr. George Gabriel the AGH Medical Staff to sponsor an adaptive bike for Kody (seen below).
- TribLive: http://triblive.com/local/allegheny/12191142-74/allegheny-general-hospital-brings-adaptive-bike-strollers-to-children
Tracey Shea-Derby, mother of Tyler, a child who was given an adaptive bike (at AGH), explained the importance of the day: “It means having a chance to be included as well as providing an opportunity for others to see what he can do instead of what he can’t.”
Variety is still seeking to identify every single eligible child that could benefit from an adaptive bike, adaptive stroller, and / or a communication device. Any help in spreading the word in your local community would be incredible!