For one comedic young man living with disabilities, the pandemic has allowed him to find a niche in sharing his jokes and smile with us all – that is 24-year old Variety Ambassador and Joker Extraordinaire, Jacob Buchheit!
At any time, but let alone these times, we shouldn’t minimize the moments of joy and laughter that we receive, especially as a community – and Jacob’s humor and own laughter at the end of every joke are sure to make you smile.
As we celebrate Joke 100, Jacob’s mom, Eileen and brother, Evan shared their perspectives on what Jokes with Jacob has meant to Jake and the greater community – click here to watch.
To emphasize what Evan describes, each of Jacob’s jokes on Facebook receive comments from people, but here are a few that really stand out:
- “Your smile brings me hope every day…”
- “When I am down in the dumps. I see a new joke. I then start smiling. Thanks Jacob I really needed that today.”
- “Thanks for putting a smile on my face…your jokes are the best….”
- “Thank you….I’m smiling!”
- “Thank you again for the smiles….I need them.”
- “I’ve been having a rough week and you just put a smile on my face…thanks buddy.”